Casa Árabe and LaLiga are inviting football fans in Madrid to take on an unprecedented challenge: "Football for Hope: The Challenge", an activity that will take place in an 800 square metre artificial turf enclosure and will include different challenges to measure football skills with different prizes for participants. The activity will take place this Sunday 13 November from 12 noon to 6pm in Madrid's Plaza de Colón and will be free of charge and open to all, with no age restrictions.
Once fans arrive at the venue, they will be welcomed by the entertainers at the Information Point, where they will be given a special passport in which to record their participation and performance in each of the challenges with a stamp and a score:
- Chutómetro: fans will be able to test their power and kicking speed with the official PUMA balls of LaLiga Santander and LaLiga SmartBank.
- Precision goal: a challenge for the participants' aim, who will have to hit the ball into the four indicated points of the goal.
- Skill challenge: the players will test their skills with the balls from different points in front of the rival goal: they will have to shoot at the crossbar, score from corners and score with spin.
- Headers: Is it possible to match the leaps of the Arab players who reach incredible heights? Fans will be able to compare their finishing with several real-life examples from LaLiga Santander.
- Mini-Campito: a free-play pitch where a 3x3 tournament will also be held (teams must register at www.pfe.casaarabe.es).
- 360 Video: participants will be able to test live the power of the 360 camera to capture a personalised video.
Once the five participation stamps have been completed, the passbook will be presented at the start of the course and participants will receive a bag with a surprise prize from LaLiga.
The activity is part of the "Football for Hope" initiative, a Casa Árabe project which LaLiga has joined and which forms part of a long-term collaboration agreement between the two organisations to promote football as a tool for social transformation. The Middle East and North Africa region is strategic for LaLiga, and has been one of the cornerstones of its international expansion. The alliance will involve the development of different joint projects to promote the values of sport and Arab culture.
Under the umbrella of "Football for Hope", professional meetings, talks, exhibitions, cinema, and outdoor sports and leisure activities, among other proposals, will be offered over the coming months in the framework of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, which will take place from 21 November to 18 December in the Gulf country and in which four Arab teams will participate: Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Qatar.
These activities will take place in different locations, such as Madrid, Barcelona and Cordoba.