The International Press Club (IPC) International Journalism Awards Ceremony will take place on 8 September 2021 at 18:00h (CET) in the Pavilion of the Cecilio Rodríguez Gardens in the Retiro Park in Madrid. At the same event, the IPC will pay tribute to the Spanish journalists murdered this year in Burkina Faso, David Beriáin and Roberto Fraile.
At the Degussa "Golden Rose" award ceremony, this year's winners include the journalist Carlos Herrera for his long professional career; the internationally acclaimed author María Dueñas; the photojournalist Jordi Socias; the correspondent of Radio Televisión Portuguesa in Spain, Daniela Santiago, and the Association of Women for Africa, chaired by María Teresa Fernández de la Vega.
International Press Club (IPC) Awards:
- Tribute award to Spanish correspondents killed in Africa. David Beriáin and Roberto Fraile
- Photojournalism award. Jordi Socias
- Prize for the best foreign correspondent. Daniela Santiago/RTPortuguesa
- Award for the defence of human values. Women for Africa
- Award for the author with international impact. María Dueñas
- Award for professional career. Carlos Herrera
At the same event, the awards of the correspondents' associations will be presented:
Arab Journalists and Writers Association (APEAE) Award.
- Virginia Pérez Alonso and Esther Rebollo of the daily Público.
Awards of the Association of Ibero-American Press Correspondents (ACPI)
- Communication: Jesús Hermida Centre of Huelva
- Cooperation: Ibero-American Cultural Association
Awards of the Association of Foreign Press Correspondents, (ACPE)
- Culture Award. Placido Domingo
- Tourism Award. Historic and Singular Parks of Madrid
- Sports Award. Pau Gasol
- Journalism Award. Susana Griso